Wednesday, March 18, 2009

18 Mar 09 - Tabata Something Else


Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Post total reps from all 32 intervals to comments.


210


I am happy to announce that I pulled off 3 linked kips in the first of 8 pull up rounds!

I am pretty happy about what I was able to do today. I could have gotten a higher score but I only did straight RX-ed kips on my pull ups, so after round 3 it was zeros across the board. The other limiting factor was my push ups. With as much should strength that I've gained since starting CrossFit its amazing how weak I still am.
Stew did teach me about his close arm push ups as opposed to my scarecrow form. He explained they are more efficient because you can recruit more muscle groups. I'm going to use those when ever I can, although as I tired my elbows got wider and wider.

The picture is from a couple workouts back, but you can see Stew's form next to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment